come join us...
Monday, July 6th at Noon
ALAN HORN, 2020-2021 President - Club Assembly
Country Lane Apartments Meeting Room
Please wear a mask into the building.
COUNTRY LANE APARTMENTS
2916 Country Lane
Temple, TX 76504
Every Monday - Noon
Founded in 1983, the Rotary Club of Temple-South is a diverse group of men and women who represent a cross-section of the business and professional life of the community. The club has a proud history of supporting the community through hands-on service projects and through financial support. Organizations benefiting from financial contributions from the club include the Temple Literacy Council and the Temple Education Foundation. In partnership with Temple Fire & Rescue, Rotarians visit neighborhoods throughout Temple to install smoke detectors in homes that do not have one. To promote the health and welfare of our citizens, the club donated automated external defibrillators (AED) to support the city's public access defibrillation program and to save lives. The Ronald McDonald House in Temple was built, in part, with funds donated by the Rotary Club of Temple-South. On national holidays, Temple South Rotarians install American flags at the curbs of participating homes to promote patriotism and to raise funds the club uses to provide community support. Members of the club enjoy fellowship activities throughout the year in which family and friends can participate. Weekly club meetings provide a variety of stimulating and interesting programs and allow Rotarians to experience the warm fellowship of the club. More information about our club can be obtained by contacting club president, Jinger Pajestka.
Club Executives & Directors 2019 - 2020
President: Jinger Pajestka
President Elect: Alan Horn
Vice President: Mike Boley
Secretary: Cindy Zavodny
Treasurer: Mike Brockway
Immediate Past President: Doug Smith
Foundation Chair: David Lockwood
Service Chair: Karen Hawley/Matt Dick
Membership Chair: Patrick Gullien
Club Administration Chair: Tom Gerik
Public Relations & Communications Chair: Dan Jones
Youth Services Chair: Gary Rapp/Eric Hildenbrand
Sgt-at-Arms: Mike Rousell
Some of our Projects
- All Accessible Playground and shade shelter in Lion’s Park
- Funds for CTLC freezer for Backpack Weekend Nutrition Ministry
- Ralph Wilson Youth Club Junior Girls Room
- Desks, sewing machines and A/C for a school, Nuevo Laredo
- Support for Ronald McDonald House
- Portable Transport Ventilator for McLane Children’s Critical Care Transport Unit
- Women’s Clinic staff and equipment, Nuevo Laredo
- Temple South Rotary Neighborhood Park
- Support for a women’s clinic in the slums of Managua, Nicaragua.
- Procurement of ShelterBox emergency aid shelters.
- Family Promise funding
- Water tank, restrooms, electricity for school in Nuevo Laredo
- Jaws of Life (2), Nuevo Laredo
- AED Defibrillators placed in Temple Library and Temple police car
- Trees planted at VA Courtney Home
- Support for Temple Library Renovation
- Wheelchairs for polio victims, Nigeria
- Sponsor our youth to Rotary Youth Leadership Training, hosted numerous foreign exchange students, send area students on year-long study exchanges, support community service clubs in 3 area schools.